Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The rights to which this section applies have effect as rights belonging to Her Majesty by virtue of this section.
(2) This section applies to all rights under Part V of the Convention that are exercisable by the United Kingdom in areas outside the territorial sea.
(3) Her Majesty may by Order in Council designate an area as an area within which the rights to which this section applies are exercisable (an “exclusive economic zone”).
(4) The Secretary of State may by order designate the whole or any part of the exclusive economic zone as an area in relation to which the Scottish Ministers, the Welsh Ministers or any Northern Ireland department are to have functions.
(5) In any enactment or instrument passed or made after the coming into force of an Order in Council made under this section, any reference to the United Kingdom's exclusive economic zone is to be read as a reference to any area designated in the Order in Council.
(6) An Order in Council under this section may include incidental, consequential, supplementary or transitional provision or savings.
(7) In this section “the Convention” means the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (Cmnd 8941) and any modifications of that Convention agreed after the passing of this Act that have entered into force in relation to the United Kingdom.
(8) Part 1 of Schedule 4 (which contains amendments consequential on this section) has effect.
Royal Assent (in so far as it confers power to make regulations or an order under or by virtue of this Act): 12 November 2009: see s 324(1)(c).
To be appointed (for remaining purposes): see s 324(3), (5).