Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) When the responsible regional authorities have prepared a draft revision of a regional strategy, they must—
(a) publish it, together with the report referred to in section 77(2)(b), and
(b) submit it and that report to the Secretary of State.
(2) Where a draft revision of a regional strategy is submitted under subsection (1)(b) the Secretary of State may—
(a) approve the draft, or
(b) modify it and approve it as modified.
(3) The Secretary of State must consult such persons (if any) as the Secretary of State considers appropriate—
(a) before approving the draft under subsection (2)(a);
(b) before modifying the draft and approving it as modified under subsection (2)(b).
(4) In deciding whether to make any modifications to the draft the Secretary of State must have regard to—
(a) any report pursuant to an examination in public under section 76,
(b) any representations made to the responsible regional authorities in respect of the draft which were not considered at an examination in public under that section, and
(c) any representations made to the Secretary of State.
(5) The responsible regional authorities must publish any revision approved under this section.
To be appointed: see s 148(5).
This section does not extend to Scotland: see s 147(1).