Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The appropriate national authority may give guidance to principal local authorities in relation to the discharge of their duties under this Chapter.
(2) Guidance under this section—
(a) may be given generally or to one or more particular principal local authorities;
(b) may be different for different principal local authorities;
(c) must be published.
(3) Before giving guidance under this section the appropriate national authority must consult the principal local authorities to which it is given.
(4) A principal local authority must, in deciding how to discharge its duties under this Chapter, have regard to any guidance given to it under this section.
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 148(1)(a).
This section does not extend to Scotland: see s 147(1).
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation