Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The Secretary of State may by order—
(a) dissolve a combined authority's area, and
(b) abolish the combined authority for that area.
(2) An order may be made under this section only if a majority of the councils to whom this subsection applies consent to the making of the order.
(3) Subsection (2) applies to—
(a) a county council whose area, or part of whose area, is within the combined authority's area;
(b) a unitary district council whose area is within the combined authority's area.
(4) The order—
(a) must make provision for designating an authority to be a local transport authority for the area that was previously the combined authority's area for the purposes of section 108(4) of the Transport Act 2000 (c 38), and
(b) may transfer functions to that authority from the combined authority that was formerly the local transport authority.
(5) Provision made by virtue of subsection (4) may designate different authorities for different parts of the area.
(6) The reference in subsection (4)(a) to an authority does not include an ITA.
(7) Subsection (4) does not apply to a territory or part of a territory that becomes the integrated transport area or part of the integrated transport area of an ITA by virtue of an order under section 78 or 90 of the Local Transport Act 2008.
To be appointed: see s 148(6).
This section does not extend to Scotland: see s 147(1).