157 Power to provide information to qualifications regulators
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
157Power to provide information to qualifications regulators
(1) Ofqual may provide information to a qualifications regulator for the purpose of enabling or facilitating the performance of a relevant function of the regulator.
(2) For the purposes of this section—
(a) a qualifications regulator is a person who has functions in any part of the United Kingdom which are similar to Ofqual's qualifications functions, and
(b) a function of a qualifications regulator is a relevant function if it is similar to any of the qualifications functions of Ofqual.
(3) Nothing in this section—
(a) affects any power to disclose information that exists apart from this section, or
(b) authorises the disclosure of information in contravention of any provision made by or under any Act which prevents disclosure of the information.
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 269(4).
This section does not extend to Scotland: see s 268(1), (3).
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation