(1) The Chief Executive may carry out programmes of research and development connected with any matter relevant to the functions of the office.
(2) If requested to do so by the Secretary of State, the Chief Executive must provide the Secretary of State with information or advice on such matters relating to any of the functions of the office as may be specified in the request.
(3) The Chief Executive may provide the Secretary of State with other information or advice on any matter in relation to which the Chief Executive has a function.
(4) The Chief Executive may provide any person designated by the Secretary of State with information about any matter in relation to which the Chief Executive has a function.
(5) The Chief Executive must establish systems for collecting information designed to secure that decisions of the Chief Executive with regard to education and training are made on a sound basis.
(6) The Chief Executive may secure the provision of facilities and services for providing information, advice or guidance about education or training or connected matters (including employment).
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 269(4).
This section does not extend to Scotland: see s 268(1).
Rights & Duties of Employees & Employers92Employment & Labour Law92