Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) If the Secretary of State acquires any land for the purposes of this Act from a railway operator and there are situated on the land works authorised by statute, he may by order provide for the transfer to himself, or to a person specified under section 39, of any statutory power or duty relating to the works previously exercisable by the railway operator.
(2) The Secretary of State may by order provide for the further transfer to himself, or to a person specified under section 39, of a power or duty transferred under subsection (1) or this subsection.
(3) If a railway operator acquires from the Secretary of State any land on which there are situated works authorised by this Act, the Secretary of State may, with the consent of the railway operator, by order provide for the transfer to the railway operator of any duty under this Act relating to the works.
(4) An order under this section may contain such supplementary, incidental, consequential or transitional provision as the Secretary of State considers necessary or expedient in connection with the order.
(5) In subsections (1) and (3), references to a railway operator are to a person who has the management for the time being of any network, station or light maintenance depot.
(6) In this section, “light maintenance depot”, “network” and “station” have the same meanings as in Part 1 of the Railways Act 1993 (c 43).
Royal Assent: 22 July 2008: (no specific commencement provision).