Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) After section 60 of the GLA Act 1999 (general functions of the Assembly: proposals to the Mayor) insert—“60A Confirmation hearings etc for certain appointments by the Mayor
(1) Schedule 4A to this Act (confirmation hearings etc) has effect in any case where this section applies.
(2) This section applies in any case where the Mayor proposes to make an appointment to any of the offices specified in subsection (3) below.
(3) The offices are—
chairman, or deputy chairman, of Transport for London (see section 154 and paragraph 3 of Schedule 10);
chairman, or deputy chairman, of the London Development Agency (see section 2 of the Regional Development Agencies Act 1998, as amended by section 304 below);
chairman, or vice chairman, of the Metropolitan Police Authority (but see subsection (4) below);
chairman of the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (see section 328 and paragraph 3 of Schedule 28);
chair of the Cultural Strategy Group (see section 375 and paragraph 3 of Schedule 30);
chairman, or deputy chairman, of the London Pensions Fund Authority (see section 403).
(4) Any reference in subsection (3) above to the chairman, or vice chairman, of the Metropolitan Police Authority has effect only in relation to appointments falling to be made after the function of making the appointment has become a function of the Mayor.
(5) The Secretary of State may by order amend this section for the purpose of specifying further offices in subsection (3) above.
(6) The Secretary of State must consult—
(a) the Mayor, and
(b) the Assembly,
before making an order under subsection (5) above.”.
(2) After Schedule 4 to the GLA Act 1999 insert the Schedule 4A set out in Schedule 1 to this Act.
(3) In section 420 of the GLA Act 1999 (regulations and orders) in the list of provisions in subsection (8) (orders subject to negative resolution Parliamentary procedure) insert each of the following at the appropriate place—
“paragraph 8(2) of Schedule 4A;”.
Royal Assent (for the purposes of the power by virtue of this section to make regulations or an order): 23 October 2007: see s 59(4)(b).
To be appointed (for remaining purposes): see s 59(7).