Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) Subject to subsections (2) to (6), Parts 1 to 5 extend to England and Wales only.
(2) The following provisions extend also to Scotland and Northern Ireland—
Parts 5 and 6 of Schedule 1 (and section 1(3) so far as relating to those Parts);
section 5 and Schedule 3;
(3) Sections 6 and 13 extend also to Northern Ireland.
(4) Section 40 and Schedule 12 extend to Northern Ireland only.
(5) Any amendment or repeal made by this Act extends to the same part or parts of the United Kingdom as the provision to which it relates.
(6) Subsection (5) does not apply to the amendments made by paragraphs 14 and 37 of Schedule 14, which do not extend to Scotland.
(7) In section 63 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 (c 13) (extent), after subsection (3) (power to extend Act to Channel Islands or Isle of Man with or without modification or adaptation) there is inserted—
“(3A) In subsection (3), the reference to this Act includes—
(a) a reference to this Act as it has effect with the amendments and repeals made in it by the Police and Justice Act 2006, and
(b) a reference to this Act as it has effect without those amendments and repeals.”
Royal Assent: 8 November 2006: (no specific commencement provision).