122 General transfer of functions to the Chief Inspector
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
General Transfer of Functions122General transfer of functions to the Chief Inspector
(1) Subject to the following provisions of this Part, the functions of the existing Chief Inspector under or by virtue of any enactment are transferred to the new Chief Inspector.
(2) In this section—
“the existing Chief Inspector” means Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Schools in England, and
“the new Chief Inspector” means the Chief Inspector appointed under Chapter 1 of this Part.
Royal Assent (in so far as it confers power to make subordinate legislation): 8 November 2006: see s 188(1).
To be appointed
To be appointed (for remaining purposes): see s 188(3).
Administration of Education91
Duties & Rights91
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation