26 Inspection in connection with licences
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
26Inspection in connection with licences
(1) An inspector may carry out an inspection in order to check compliance with—
(a) the conditions subject to which a licence is granted;
(b) provision made by or under this Act which is relevant to the carrying on of an activity to which a licence relates.
(2) An inspector may, for the purpose of carrying out an inspection under subsection (1), enter—
(a) premises specified in a licence as premises on which the carrying on of an activity is authorised;
(b) premises on which he reasonably believes an activity to which a licence relates is being carried on.
(3) Subsection (2) does not authorise entry to any part of premises which is used as a private dwelling unless 24 hours' notice of the intended entry is given to the occupier.
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 68(3).
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation