Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
Introduction574Overview of Part 5
(1) This Part imposes charges to income tax under—
(a) Chapter 2 (receipts from intellectual property),
(b) Chapter 3 (films and sound recordings: non-trade businesses),
(c) Chapter 4 (certain telecommunication rights: non-trading income),
(d) Chapter 5 (settlements: amounts treated as income of settlor),
(e) Chapter 6 (beneficiaries' income from estates in administration),
(f) Chapter 7 (annual payments not otherwise charged), and
(g) Chapter 8 (income not otherwise charged).
(2) Part 6 deals with exemptions from the charges under this Part.
(3) See, in particular, any exemptions mentioned in the Chapters of this Part.
(4) The charges under this Part apply to non-UK residents as well as UK residents but this is subject to section 577(2) (charges on non-UK residents only on UK source income).
(5) This section needs to be read with the relevant priority rules (see sections 2, 575 and 576).
This Act comes into force on 6 April 2005 and has effect, for the purposes of income tax for the year 2005–06 and subsequent tax years, and for the purposes of corporation tax for accounting periods ending after 5 April 2005: see s 883; for transitional provisions and savings see Sch 2 hereto.