Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) This Act imposes charges to income tax under—
(a) Part 2 (trading income),
(b) Part 3 (property income),
(c) Part 4 (savings and investment income), and
(d) Part 5 (certain miscellaneous income).
(2) Those charges to tax have effect for the purposes of section 1(1) of ICTA (the general charge to income tax).
(3) Exemptions from those charges are dealt with in Part 6 (exempt income) but any Part 6 exemptions which are most obviously relevant to particular types of income are also mentioned in the provisions about those types of income.
(4) What is or is not mentioned in those provisions does not limit the effect of Part 6.
(5) This Act also contains—
(a) provision about rent-a-room relief and foster-care relief (see Part 7),
(b) special rules for foreign income (see Part 8),
(c) special rules for partnerships (see Part 9), and
(d) certain calculation rules and general provisions (see Part 10).
(6) For abbreviations and defined expressions used in this Act, see section 885 and Schedule 4.
This Act comes into force on 6 April 2005 and has effect, for the purposes of income tax for the year 2005–06 and subsequent tax years, and for the purposes of corporation tax for accounting periods ending after 5 April 2005: see s 883; for transitional provisions and savings see Sch 2 hereto.