Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) This Act may be cited as the Local Government Act 2003.
(2) Subject to the following provisions, this Act extends to England and Wales only.
(3) Sections 83(2), 101 and 102 extend also to Scotland.
(4) The following provisions extend also to Scotland, Northern Ireland and Gibraltar—
(a) sections 103, 104 and 128,
(b) this section, and
(c) paragraph 7(2) of Schedule 7, and section 127(1) so far as relating thereto.
(5) Section 114 extends also—
(a) to Scotland, but only so far as (within the meaning of the Scotland Act 1998 (c 46)) it confers or removes functions exercisable otherwise than in or as regards Scotland, and
(b) to Northern Ireland.
(6) Each of sections 123 and 124, so far as relating to any other provision of this Act, has the same extent as that other provision.
(7) Except as provided by subsection (8), any amendment, repeal or revocation made by this Act has the same extent as the enactment or instrument to which it relates.
(8) Subsection (7) does not apply to—
(a) sections 85, 113(3), 114 and 121(a),
(b) paragraphs 8 and 53 of Schedule 7, and
(c) the entries in Schedule 8 relating to—
(i) the Fire Services Act 1947 (c 41),
(ii) section 7(1) of the Fire Services Act 1959 (c 44), and
(iii) section 33 of the Local Government Act 1988 (c 9).
Royal Assent: 18 September 2003: see s 128(1)(a).