159 Computer information
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) This section applies if any of the special procedure material or excluded material specified in an application for a production order consists of information stored in any electronic form.
(2) If the order is an order requiring a person to produce the material to a constable for him to take away, it has effect as an order to produce the material in a form—
(a) in which it can be taken away by him;
(b) in which it is visible and legible or from which it can readily be produced in a visible and legible form.
(3) If the order is an order requiring a person to give a constable access to the material, it has effect as an order to give him access to the material in a form—
(a) in which it is visible and legible, or
(b) from which it can readily be produced in a visible and legible form.
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 221.
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation