11 Establishment of combined region
Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
11Establishment of combined region
(1) The Lord Chancellor may by order—
(a) specify the existing electoral region to be combined with Gibraltar to form the combined region; and
(b) make provision establishing the combined region.
(2) The existing electoral region specified under subsection (1)(a) must (subject to section 13(8)) be the one recommended by the Electoral Commission under section 10.
(3) The Lord Chancellor must consult the Electoral Commission before making an order under this section.
To be appointed
To be appointed: see s 28(4).
- Authoritative guides to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning from a range of titles from Butterworths, Halsbury's Statutes and TolleyView other related LexisLibrary annotations
- The current law in England and Wales, consolidated by the incorporation of amendments into existing legislation, by an expert team of editorsView Consolidated Version
- Indicates the date on which a section of an enactment was brought into force, powered by Halsbury's Is It In ForceView current status of this Act
- Cases related to this particular case that are related to, or discuss this caseView related cases
- Official explanatory notes that further explain the effects of the Act and summarise what the Act sets out to achieveView official explanatory notes
- Commentary discussing this particular case from LexisLibrary's comprehensive range of titles including Butterworths, Halsbury's and TolleyView all related commentary
- An authoritative guide to the status of statutory provisions and their meaning, including definitions, cross-references and information on commencement and amendmentView Halsbury Statutes Citator
- Subordinate legislation is made under the authority of a provision (or provisions) of an Act (or Acts) of ParliamentView all subordinate legislation