Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) The Secretary of State must devise a strategy for enhancing community safety in Northern Ireland.
(2) References in this section and section 72 to enhancing community safety in any place are to making the place one in which it is, and is perceived to be, safer to live and work, in particular by the reduction of actual and perceived levels of crime and other anti-social behaviour.
(3) The Secretary of State may from time to time devise a new strategy or make alterations to a strategy.
(4) Before devising or making alterations to a strategy the Secretary of State must consult—
(a) the First Minister and deputy First Minister,
(b) the Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland, and
(c) the Northern Ireland Policing Board.
(5) The Secretary of State must publish each strategy devised by him and any alterations which he makes to a strategy (or the strategy as altered).
To be appointed: see s 87(1).