Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
For section 166 (information about housing register) there is substituted—“Applications for housing accommodation166 Applications for housing accommodation
(1) A local housing authority shall secure that—
(a) advice and information is available free of charge to persons in their district about the right to make an application for an allocation of housing accommodation; and
(b) any necessary assistance in making such an application is available free of charge to persons in their district who are likely to have difficulty in doing so without assistance.
(2) A local housing authority shall secure that an applicant for an allocation of housing accommodation is informed that he has the rights mentioned in section 167(4A).
(3) Every application made to a local housing authority for an allocation of housing accommodation shall (if made in accordance with the procedural requirements of the authority's allocation scheme) be considered by the authority.
(4) The fact that a person is an applicant for an allocation of housing accommodation shall not be divulged (without his consent) to any other member of the public.
(5) In this Part “district” in relation to a local housing authority has the same meaning as in the Housing Act 1985 (c 68).”
To be appointed: see s 20(1).