Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) This section applies where a freehold estate in land is registered as a freehold estate in commonhold land and—
(a) the application for registration was not made in accordance with section 2,
(b) the certificate under paragraph 7 of Schedule 1 was inaccurate, or
(c) the registration contravened a provision made by or by virtue of this Part.
(2) The register may not be altered by the Registrar under Schedule 4 to the Land Registration Act 2002 (c 9) (alteration of register).
(3) The court may grant a declaration that the freehold estate should not have been registered as a freehold estate in commonhold land.
(4) A declaration under subsection (3) may be granted only on the application of a person who claims to be adversely affected by the registration.
(5) On granting a declaration under subsection (3) the court may make any order which appears to it to be appropriate.
(6) An order under subsection (5) may, in particular—
(a) provide for the registration to be treated as valid for all purposes;
(b) provide for alteration of the register;
(c) provide for land to cease to be commonhold land;
(d) require a director or other specified officer of a commonhold association to take steps to alter or amend a document;
(e) require a director or other specified officer of a commonhold association to take specified steps;
(f) make an award of compensation (whether or not contingent upon the occurrence or non-occurrence of a specified event) to be paid by one specified person to another;
(g) apply, disapply or modify a provision of Schedule 8 to the Land Registration Act 2002 (c 9) (indemnity).
To be appointed: see s 181(1).