Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) This section applies to information if—
(a) it is obtained by any person under, or in connection with anything done under, this Act or the Additional Protocol; and
(b) it relates to a particular business or other activity carried on by any person.
(2) So long as the business or activity continues to be carried on the information shall not be disclosed except—
(a) with the consent of the person for the time being carrying on the business or activity;
(b) in connection with anything done for the purposes of this Act, the Additional Protocol or the Safeguards Agreement;
(c) in connection with the investigation of a criminal offence or for the purposes of criminal proceedings;
(d) in connection with the enforcement of a restriction on imports or exports;
(e) in dealing with an emergency involving danger to the public; or
(f) with a view to ensuring the security of the United Kingdom.
(3) A person who discloses information in contravention of this section is guilty of an offence.
(4) It is not an offence under this section to disclose information which has previously been disclosed to the public otherwise than in contravention of this section.
(5) A disclosure of any information to which this section applies may be made in circumstances in which any of paragraphs (b) to (f) of subsection (2) prevents there being a contravention of this section, notwithstanding any obligation as to secrecy or other restriction on disclosure that would otherwise apply.
To be appointed: see s 12(2).