Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) Each Council shall prepare and from time to time publish codes of practice laying down—
(a) standards of conduct and practice expected of social care workers; and
(b) standards of conduct and practice in relation to social care workers, being standards expected of persons employing or seeking to employ them.
(2) The Council shall—
(a) keep the codes under review; and
(b) vary their provisions whenever it considers it appropriate to do so.
(3) Before issuing or varying a code, a Council shall consult any persons it considers appropriate to consult.
(4) A code published by a Council shall be taken into account—
(a) by the Council in making a decision under this Part; and
(b) in any proceedings on an appeal against such a decision.
(5) Local authorities making any decision about the conduct of any social care workers employed by them shall, if directed to do so by the appropriate Minister, take into account any code published by the Council.
(6) Any person who asks a Council for a copy of a code shall be entitled to have one.
To be appointed: see s 122.