Free legislation on LexisWeb is as enacted and does not take into account any amendments
(1) There shall continue to be an officer known as “the social fund Commissioner”.
(2) The social fund Commissioner shall be appointed by the Secretary of State.
(3) The social fund Commissioner—
(a) shall appoint such social fund inspectors; and
(b) may appoint such officers and staff for himself and for social fund inspectors,
as he thinks fit, but with the consent of the Secretary of State as to numbers.
(4) Appointments under subsection (3) above shall be made from persons made available to the social fund Commissioner by the Secretary of State.
(5) It shall be the duty of the social fund Commissioner—
(a) to monitor the quality of decisions of social fund inspectors and give them such advice and assistance as he thinks fit to improve the standard of their decisions;
(b) to arrange such training of social fund inspectors as he considers appropriate; and
(c) to carry out such other functions in connection with the work of social fund inspectors as the Secretary of State may direct.
(6) The social fund Commissioner shall report annually in writing to the Secretary of State on the standards of reviews by social fund inspectors, and the Secretary of State shall publish his report.
To be appointed: see s 87(2).